Sunday, September 10, 2017

Mori Girl Challenge: Day 24

Day 24: Give us a mori girl inspired vignette! (a short, impressionistic scene that focuses on one moment or gives a particular insight into a character, idea, or setting) Don’t fret too hard over it, we’re not all writers by trade, haha.

(I quite like the vignette I wrote last time around for this challenge, so I thought I'd repost it with some slight edits to improve it. I am by no means a fantastic writer, so please cut me some slack. I'm trying my best!)

The forest had always been her solitude and her home. From a young age, it had called to her, beckoning her to join in its splendor. The tall, ancient trees always felt as if they were reaching their leafy hands out to her, wanting to entwine their twisted fingers with hers. The vast grounds, covered in absolute diversity, enchanted her. From soft grasses and beautiful wild flowers to tall weeds and rich green mosses, no bit of it was alike, but all of it was precious to her. It made her feel as if she, with her own idiosyncrasies and quirks, finally had a place where she could belong. The little hideaways which assisted animals in playing nature's game of hide-and-seek with the elements, the streams full with water so clear that you could see to the bottom. All of it was majestic, to say the least. Some days she ached to run away; to become a part of the forest herself.

She stood, brushed off her skirts, adjusted her pack, and headed home. Maybe one day she would fully answer its call. But for now, the world was waiting for her.


1 comment: